Golf Colleges in the U.S.
Selection Method used by Golf Coaches in U.S. schools
First, we evaluate the student’s average tournament score. As the summer tournament record is important, the type of competition the student participates in is tracked.
Second is the student’s GPA. If the student’s GPA is below the school’s minimum, the student will not be selected no matter their golf talent.
Finally, if a student wants to participate in major competitions, they must be fluent in English and have outstanding communication skills.
Average Score needed for College Entrance – Men
• For top 20 ranked colleges: 72
• Division I: 75 or higher
• Division II: 75~80
How to apply to prestigious universities
• Submit a well-prepared resume
• Present an average score for assessing skills
• Higher academic grades are an advantage
The benefit of four years as a golfer
• Cost of use for driving range
• Golf tournament costs
• Means of transportation
• Golf equipment (golf clubs, golf clothing, golf bag, golf balls)
• Fees for use of golf courses
• College tuition scholarship
A stepping stone to the international stage,
SEOUL SCHOLARS INTERNATIONAL, and JPGA, America’s No. 1.
• Jordan Spieth, – Texas A&M
• Tiger Woods, Michelle Wie (communication) – Stanford
• Alison Lee – UCLA
• Patrick Reed, Bubba Watson, Justin Thomas – UGA
• Byunghoon Ahn – UC Berkley
• Stacy Lewis – University of Arkansas
• Annika Sorenstam – Arizona State
• Luke Donald(fine art), Webb Simpson – Wake Forest
• Rickie Fowler, Anthony Kim – Oklahoma State
• Dustin Johnson – Coastal Carolina